'83 window motor v. K car window motor

Larry,

If you don't have any problems I wouldn't worry about it. Yards are still
full of Diplomats and Fifth Avenues that used the same window motors.  The
main problem with these motors is that the plastic spacers (not sure of the
correct term) inside the case break and the motor spins but won't raise or
lower the window.  There is a simple kit to repair it for $25-$50. In the
archives there are a few posts about using nylon spacers from a hardware
store.  I did it, it works fine. Repack with grease and your good to go.
Cleaning the old, hardened grease out and repacking also seems to make the
slower motors speed back up.

As for your brakes I don't generally look for my cars to lock up.  In fact
I'm going through the brakes on my '82 because it locks up prematurely.  If
you're sure all your parts are in good working order, a soft pedal and weak
brakes usually mean that you need to bleed them.  It also could be a sign
it's time to change the soft hoses. They are probably 21 years old!

If you know the dealer, try them on the mileage. If their still open. What
have you got to lose?

Rob