1971 Imperial

--- Jkelly808@xxxxxxx wrote:
> well, I suddenly find myself the owner of a
> neglected, sun-bleached but one
> owner, low-mile '71 LeBaron that had been gathering
> dust in the back of a used  car lot in Fresno,
Calif.
> Any parts availability issues I should be aware of?

Jim -- '71 is a GREAT year for Imperial.  :o)  I've
been working on '71 Imperials (first my Grandmother's,
now my own) since I was 12, so I know the cars pretty
well by now.

The big problem with this year is usually the AutoTemp
II system.  If it works, it works great -- but if it
doesn't work, it can be very time-consuming to
troubleshoot.  Even so, it can be made to work quite
well with some patience and $$$.

I've also recently discovered that obtaining an idler
arm for these cars is difficult as well.

But other than that, the '71 is pretty
straightforward.  And it does not have the Budd brakes
(as your '68 does), so brake parts are cheap and
readily available.

Hope this car follows you home!

Elijah

=====