'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- attack from the rear?

'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- attack from the rear?

The thing about a solvent is, you can't always control where it goes or what it will do. It could run out around the edges and damage the plastic, or the wood. I'm not saying I wouldn't use a solvent, just that I would be very careful and only use a small amount. Stand by with a towel to wipe up excess.

I used a hair dryer to remove pieces on my '68. Another suggestion is, don't try to pry these pieces off, try to "pop" them off. By that I mean use something with a wide, flat, flexible blade, like a putty knife, slip it in under the edge of the piece and gently rock it back and forth until the glue loosens and it pops off. If you try to peel it off or pry it off it will bend and never look right again.

Mark M