[FWDLK] new member intro

Hello!  My name is Gil Romard.  I'm a 42 yr old federal employee from
Ottawa, Canada.  I've just joined the List, and like all you people with the
incredibly good taste and sense to choose a vehicle from one of Chrysler's
most creative periods, I have done the same!  In my case it is a "1960
DeSoto Adventurer Coupe". I've always been into MoPars, and searching for a
decent forward look car has taken a long time (pretty scarce up here).  I
stumbled on this one last April, and traded my 1972 Road Runner for it.
It's Silverglow Metallic in color, with a 383 2bbl.  It's also one of those
"Canadian mutation" mopars.  Canada never got any Fireflites in 1960, only
Adventurers; and they all came with 1960 Saratoga seats and door panels.
Total production "Canadian" DeSotos - 1904.  The car's in fairly good shape,
and all I really need is various trim pieces and upholstery.  I belong to a
local club, "Capital Area Mopars".  A fellow club member, Joel Bourdeau, has
a beautiful Christine replica - 1958 Plymouth, and can be seen on the club
website at (www.cyberus.ca/~ptessier/cam.htm).  I'll get the DeSoto put on
the site, when there's an update.  Well, the car's away for the winter, so
I'm Forward Looking to April.  So, people, I hope I didn't waste too much of
your time....take it easy, and bye for now.
                       Gil