[FWDLK] New Member intro

Hi everyone!

I just joined the FLML yesterday and thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is
Andy Garland and I live in Glenn Dale, Maryland (suburbs of Washington, DC).
I own a 1957 DeSoto Firedome Sportsman 2dr ht.

I have a fondness for all Mopars in general, but have always had a special
interest
in DeSotos.  When I was a kid in the 70's, my grandfather bought a '53
Firedome that
he was going to fix up as a second car, but never got around to.  Well,
when I turned
16, I had my eye on that car, but of course he sells it right around the
time I get my
learner's permit!  His reasoning was that he didn't want me driving around in
something that old, that he would probably end up fixing every time it
broke down.
Well, I got my mother's 1980 Malibu instead, and he still ended up fixing
it every
time it broke down!

By that time, though, I had developed an appreciation for the "Forward
Look" era
of cars, and when I saw what the DeSotos had turned into by then, I had to have
one!  So back in 1990, I found out about one for sale in Pennsylvania, and
I ended
up buying it.

I found out about a '58 Firesweep 4-door for sale back in 1995, pretty
cheap, but
 someone beat me to it.  Too bad, too, because I was ready to buy it!

Well, just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi!  I look forward to
being a part
of this group!

Andy Garland
1957 DeSoto Firedome