Re: [FWDLK] Speakers

Sounds weird?   Nope, more like wired!

   I also added a custom sound system to my 61 Sport suburban.  I put a new
AM/FM/CD radio in the glovebox so I could keep the factory radio in place.
The front single speaker was replaced with two smaller speakers, (an adapter
can be bought at your local audio store.)   Best of all, my co-worker who
wired it up for me hooked it up to the factory on off switch, so when I turn
on the Original radio, the new one turns on.  He said he did it using a simple
relay.   For a rear speaker, I ran a wire to the right side C-pillar interior
molding.  Here we mounted a very small speaker jack.  I bought an old Drive-In
movie speaker, replaced the speaker in it, and put a standard speaker plug on
the wires end.  Now I can have a moveable rear speaker that can also be hung
from the rear window at car shows and has a cool nostalgic look.   I agree
that adding modern audio can be done tastefully.  Lord knows the original AM
radios have their limitations.

Dave Smith
1961 Plymouth Sport Suburban wagon.