[FWDLK] Engine swap question

Folks,

Of course now that the 318 poly in the Fury has been gone through to the
tune of $1500 (but runs fine, mighty fine) I found someone that has a '64
413 and 727 that they want to get rid of (out of a rusted-out, or is that
in-half,  New Yorker convertible, may it rest in peace).  This could go in
the Newport or Fury.  To those of you who've done a later engine/trannie
swap:

1. How did you recover the parking brake function?  Can the back casing from
the earlier Torqueflight with the parking brake be fitted to a later
trannie, or do I have to worry about fitting later parking brakes to the
earlier car?

2. If I remember right, by 1964 Chrysler had a "Park" function built into
the trannie along with the pushbutton selector, and this was a lever below
the pushbuttons on the dash (almost bought a '64 New Yorker one time...).
Can you connect up this function, and if so, how?

Thanks for any replies,

Bruce Clough