Re: [FWDLK] Engine swap question

Bruce,

One parking/emergency (don't forget the emergency brake!) brake solution is
to find a 727 TorqueFlight from a 62 big block Chrysler. This was the first
year for the new 727 and the last year for a drum brake on the tail of the
tranny. I know this tail housing and drum will fit on any pushbutton 727
TorqueFlight at least up to 1965, and maybe later. It is part of one
solution for installing a 727 into an older Mopar with a tranny mounted
parking brake.  It will mate to your 64 413 engine without the need for any
adapters. 1961 and earlier engines require an adapter.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

At 07:12 AM 2/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Of course now that the 318 poly in the Fury has been gone through to the
>tune of $1500 (but runs fine, mighty fine) I found someone that has a '64
>413 and 727 that they want to get rid of (out of a rusted-out, or is that
>in-half,  New Yorker convertible, may it rest in peace).  This could go in
>the Newport or Fury.  To those of you who've done a later engine/trannie
>swap:
>
>1. How did you recover the parking brake function?  Can the back casing from
>the earlier Torqueflight with the parking brake be fitted to a later
>trannie, or do I have to worry about fitting later parking brakes to the
>earlier car?
>
>2. If I remember right, by 1964 Chrysler had a "Park" function built into
>the trannie along with the pushbutton selector, and this was a lever below
>the pushbuttons on the dash (almost bought a '64 New Yorker one time...).
>Can you connect up this function, and if so, how?
>
>Thanks for any replies,
>
>Bruce Clough

Dave