Re: [FWDLK] My DeSoto

>1955 DeSoto Firedome 2DHT.  My wife's cousin bought the car new.  The
>car is Heather Rose and Sapphire White.

This must be a mistake.... Those colors were offered on the 1955 Dodge, NOT
the 1955 DeSoto.  They did have a Light Taffy / Copper Rose color combo, but
that was only available in California to my knowledge.  Could the car be
Emberglow and White??

How do I determine if
>my car is a Sportsman or just a regular Firedome 2DHT?  The Price Guide
>magazine lists value for both models.

This is easy... the Firedome Sportsman says "Sportsman" on the rear roof
pillar. In addition, the Sportsman has a "DeS" emblem in a chrome bezel
right above it.

The Special Coupe only has the DeSoto Eagle Crest on the rear roof pillar.

Chances are it's a Special, not too many Firedome Sportsmans were built in
1955.

Good Luck,

FireTone