[FWDLK] gas tank problem

Man, now Ive got another problem. Did I buy a lemon or is this the normal
ironing out process? I went out this evening to get the interior window trim
out so I can sand off the rust and paint it. After I carried the trim into the
house the wife monster wondered why it smelled of gasoline. Well I smelled gas
too so I check my shoes. I had thought I saw an unussual colered puddle under
the rear end this morn while I was shining her up. (Just got her ya see,
newbie doin his thang. Man does she shine up nice) It was hard to tell since
the ground/pavement was still saturated by rainwater. So I went back out there
and theres this constant puddle. (it had quit raining early and now all was
dry) Not a drizle or anything just a puddle about two feet in diameter
constantly evaporating. The fellow I bought her from had supposedly fixed the
gas tank just recently. I had him fix her cuz she wasnt sitting right and that
interfeared with the closing of her gas lid. Well he suposedly fixed her. But
now I have this leak. Im kinda scared to drive her. (had a vehicle burn on me
before(an early 60 Econoline Truck- another sweetone, but that another
interesting story, involving gas too (broken gas line), not riskin it again.)
Any ideas. A friend told me they all leak like that. He was asking if it does
more on a right turn or when half full. Well shes full, or she was when I left
his house yesterday. Something about 3 rubber slide gaskets? Ive a feeling
this may be a bit more than he was talking about. This pudle thing is after
sitting for a day. Any simple fixes? anyone had similar problems? could it be
some sort of seating problem. Man Im a bit worried. Tempted to just take her
to this ol mechanic I know. Actually considering having her towed for this
reason.