Re: [FWDLK] Turn Signal Repair on '59 Ply Belle (my darlin' one)

Re: [FWDLK] Turn Signal Repair on '59 Ply Belle (my darlin' one)

you might try Classics Plus Ltd. for steering wheel restoration. N7306
Lakeshore Dr., N. Fond du Lac  Wis. 888-923-1007    From what I understand
they specialize in this .   S. Louthan

----------
> From: Richard Allen <RAllen9081@xxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [FWDLK] Turn Signal Repair on '59 Ply Belle (my darlin' one)
> Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 5:19 PM
>
> AS many of you know I am having a problem with my turn signal switch. I
> recieved a great response by a "peerless" who told me how to fix my
problem.
> He also suggested that I ask out here on the FWLK list if anyone might
have a
> spare. (Seems the cast iron part of the switch is probobly broken.) I
would be
> indebted to you for life, make it worth your while monetarily and name my
> first son after you if ya do. Help! By the way I spent the day shining
her up
> and man does she look beautiful. Even with the minor pits on the chome
and the
> missing cowling under the front bumper. So Im also looking for that
piece. Any
> thoughts there? YES, I would like to also buy a spare cowling that fits
under
> the front bumper if anyone has scavanged one or is parting out a car, or
> evknows who I might call. I was gonna sand down the paint ad do all that
> myself but I went to the Nappa dealer today (man what a great store) and
they
> suggested that rather than buying all the equipment, buffers ect. that I
take
> her to an auto detailer and get them to buff it. That way if they burn
the
> paint theyre the ones responsible and being professionals theyd probobly
do at
> least an adequate job. The paint was shot pretty well. not too much
pitting.
> The man wasnt interested in just getting my money. He was helping me.
What a