Re: [FWDLK] Friggin electrical system in my 59.

Re: [FWDLK] Friggin electrical system in my 59.

Funny you should mention that. . . my 57 Fury was "done" in early '97, but I
used the original wiring too.  Had the same problems with lights, gauges,
etc.  Since I'm not an electrical genius, I had a man I trust do the job.
No wiring harnesses available, so he built one by hand with what I had for
parts, got all new internal wiring, etc.  Cost me about $900 including
labor.

Now everything works:  lights, electric windows, gauges, but I still have an
ongoing nagging problem.  I've installed probably half a dozen voltage
regulators, and they all seem to work for a short time, then just poop out.
I can't get one that will continue working.  Same with the car battery.  If
I park the car for two weeks, even with one terminal disconnected, battery's
dead.  This isn't just one battery.  I'm on my 4th one now, all brand new
ones.  Do these cars "eat" batteries because of being so big and cold
blooded???  Any answers out there?

Mark   mjh
'57 Fury