Re: 55 desoto coronado for sale

Just so there is no confusion on the part of people new to DeSotos...

> 1955 Desoto Coronado four door...1 of 487 built.
>      [special three tone paint California edition (aquagreen/black/white)]

The car was not a California edition, but rather a Springtime edition
introduced throughout the U.S.  It was basically a Fireflite Sedan given
a tritone paint job and the deluxe Sportsman interior (i.e. Cloth and
Leather instead of all cloth).  The tritone was available in any
combination (Turquoise Body, White Top, Black Sweep or any other
combination).  The most common seems to be a Turquoise Body, Black Top
and White Sweep.

Numbers built are actually unknown as no records were kept, but people
generally believe around 500...

Thanks,

Leslie Howard
Nat'l DeSoto Club

P.S. I knew of three for sale on the West Coast, this makes four... Four
Door Sedans are always hard to sell unfortunately...