Re: [L-FORWARDLOOK] Howdy

At 09:15 AM 23/03/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, back in the '50s, manufacturers seemed to make only a few basic body
>styles, and diferentiated between models with trim, paint, and interior
>options.  On the Plymouth, the Plaza was the cheapest, then the Savoy,
then the
>Belvedere, and finally the sporty Fury.  All, however, shared the same body.

Right.  My STANDARD CATALOG OF CHRYSLER lists the Plaza, describes trim,
options, etc.
Then Savoy, which had everything on Plaza Plus yadda yadda...then Belvedere
which
had everything on Savoy Plus yadda yadda...Fury is a Speceial Belvedere
sub-series
comprising ONLY a Sport Coupe in Beige with gold anddized aluminum trim
inserts.

This book is gold mine of information on trim, options etc.  If anyone
wants to
know what is correct for a particular car, I'll be happy to help.

It's neat to see the differences sometimes.  Yesterday, our Vancouver Island
Region WPC Club had our annual saftey inspection.  There wer two '56 Plymouths
there...both Savoys.  The 4 door had painted back up lamp housings, while the
two door had chrome ones.  The 2 door owner had purchased some parts from
another
member--parts from a Belvedere.  I remarked to him that if he were to show his
car at a Plymouth Club Meet, he would probably lose points for having the
wrong
lamp housings--assuming the judges were familiar with such details of course.

Garry Cameron

'54 Plymouth Belvedere
'76 Cordoba
'80 Dodge Diplomat Salon Wagon