Re: [L-FORWARDLOOK] Howdy

At 02:37 AM 23/03/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Also, what's the relationship between Savoy, Belvedere, and Fury? I've read
>of people trying to trim a '58 Savoy to be a Christine clone- aren't they
>different sized cars?

Series designations were Plaza (Base Model), Savoy, & Belvedere.  (No, they
were not different sizes).  Fury was a Special Belvedere sub-series (sport
coupe only), and came only in Beige with gold-anodized alumin trim.

If you would like complete information on how each series was trimmed,
that will be no problem--just let me know.

>Finally, when did the letter-body nomenclature start?

It started in '55 with the C-300.  After that, came:

'56 300B
'57 300C
'58 300D
'59 300E
'60 300F
'61 300G
'62 300H '62 also saw the introduction of the non-letter 300
'63 300J (There was NO 300I)
'64 300K
'65 300L Last letter car until now--300M coming soon
'71 was the last non-letter 300.  In '79 there was a 300 Trim Package
for the Cordoba.

I have the STANDARD CATALOG OF CHRYSLER 1924-1990, which is a Gold Mine
of info.  Be happy to answer any question you may have if I can find the info.

Garry* Cameron  *Note Spelling: NOT Gary!
E-Mail: catsncar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Janis* Cameron  *Note Spelling: NOT Janice!
E-Mail: catlady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3528 11th Avenue, Port Alberni B.C. V9Y 4Y7 Canada
(250) 724-3920 Fax: (250) 724-1876
'54 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door
'76 Chrysler Cordoba
'80 Dodge Diplomat Salon 4 door Wagon