Re: [FORWARDLOOK] Shoulder Belts???

Robert Whitman wrote:

> I would totally agree (no seatbelts), but when my wife and I start
> having kids, where do I put the kid?  I would hate to install them, but
> what do I do?  Stuff the kid in the trunk?
> -Robert Whitman
> -'60 DeSoto

Why not??  The spacious trunk of a '60 DeSoto will surely hold 4 or 5
small children... :)

Seriously, since I drive my 1956 Fireflite(s) every day (making oil
canisters a fact of life every three months), I am putting them in the
4-door sedan (rear seats only) and leaving them out of the 2-doors and
the Adventurers.  Hide them behind the rear seat cushions at the shows
and still have them to satisfy "Big Brother" when using with a car seat.

Of course, there is no law that says I have to install them since the
cars are pre-64 , but what right does the government have to tell me how
I should strap in my children??  Why should I be forced to install
something that is not standard equipment on my car, just to satisfy the
government and fill the pockets of the car seat manufacturers??

I'll stop the lecture before I get too far into it,

Leslie Howard