Re: [FORWARDLOOK] Shoulder Belts???

There will also be lap belts in the front as well. Those door
> latches don't really seem like they'd withstand an impact at over 40mph, and
> flying out of my car at speed doesn't really sound like a good time..
>    Todd

Hmm..... Obviously you have never seen the footage or photos of the 1955
Dodges on the Chrysler Proving Grounds.  A great many Mopars were
destroyed to test the effectiveness of the safety door latches.  The
"Life Guard" latches became standard equipment in 1956 on all Chrysler
lines.  I think it might behoove you to re-examine your door latches and
keep 'em locked while driving!!!

Then, of course, there is the story of the 1956 DeSoto involved in a
head-on collision with a Datsun 280-Z.  The Datsun driver ended up in
the hospital, the DeSoto driver drove away and replaced his bumper.

Of course, it's still your right to put them in your car, so do what you
feel is necessary to make yourself feel "safe", but I still don't think
it's the Government's responsibility or right to tell you what to do or
how to live.

Leslie Howard
"Seatbelt and Emission Free Cars By Choice"