[FWDLK] Fins N' Turbines

Going through back issues of my favorite car mag (Collectible Automobile)
when I came across the complete Chrysler Turbine Story (1954-80) in the
December 1986 issue. Wow, there was some cool foreward look cars that had
turbines in them!  Photos include a 55 Belvedere sedan, a '56 "Turbine
Special". There is a rear shot of a 57 Belvedere which was then modified to
resemble a 58 which was for internal use. What makes this (and the others)
look so interesting it the modified rear bumpers. For example, the 57-8
Plymouth has 4 large exhaust ports integrated into the rear bumper (in the
location where you'd find the reverse light). Geeze, imagine finding that in
the back of some Chrysler warehouse! Also shown are cool shots of a 60
Plymouth Turbine Special (Based on a Fury) as well as others from the 60's
up to 1980. A facinating article and I think this issue is still available.
If anyone knows of any other photos of the 57-8 Plymouth Turbine, I'd love
to see them.
          Todd
58 Belvedere non-turbinated Sport Sedan