Re: [FWDLK] FW: Converting from single to dual points?

Re: [FWDLK] FW: Converting from single to dual points?

Phil Patterson writes: This is a related response : )  My old 54 Chrysler 331
used two sets of 64-65 273 V8 points.I'm not sure if the breaker switch
(distributor point cam lobes?) would be the same part or not. But on some of the
old distributors, the plate that the points were mounted on was drilled for
single or dual points. The main purpose of dual points is increased dwell time
for a hotter spark. I remember looking at some old Mopar v8 distributors and
noticing how similar they were to the dual point unit in my 54. But I am not
sure if this is all that is needed to convert a single point  old Mopar
distributor to a dual point system. Anyone else have any info? If this
modification is possible, it would be worth a performance increase to many old
Mopars , yet would be completely unseen to any prying car show judge's eyes. ( I
think) Knowing how Mopar liked to get as much use out of the same parts as
possible, it is highly likely that with some parts switching, it could be done.
But I do not know for sure. Does anyone else?