[FWDLK] First Plymouth, now the Full Size Dodge Van.

[FWDLK] First Plymouth, now the Full Size Dodge Van.

Ack! I think I am starting to get a headache. First, Daimler kills Plymouth, now
the full sized Dodge van is to be toast. For details, check this link:
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b120999.htm
The story is much the same though, after making the same basic vehicle since the
1971 model year, Daimler is discontinueing the full size Dodge van. Since the van
has been hardly changed in over 20 years, other then trim and various other things,
it's not like they have pumped a lot of effort into this one anyway. Granted, the
market has changed, and most folks buy minivans. Still, it is worrisome. The police
market was given away some time ago in basically the same fashion. It wouldn't
bother me much, except I look out in my driveway at my two newest Mopars, my 96
Plymouth and 92 Dodge van, and think, what am I going to replace these with? This
doesn't bother me near as much as the end of Plymouth did, but when is it going to
stop? I think Daimler just wanted the Jeep brand name and the Chrysler factories
and it looks like everything else is going to get tossed in the dust bin. I'll
always have my Saratoga, and who knows what other finned beauty will eventually
grace my driveway. But I can't help but think when is it going to be Chrysler's and
Dodge's turn? They already call the Viper a Chrysler in Europe, think they will cut
the horns off of the Ram? Or just call it a Chrysler? Oh well, check out the link,
thought some of you might like to know.