Re: [FWDLK] talented mr. ripley plymouth sightings

Re: [FWDLK] talented mr. ripley plymouth sightings

Hi Glenn, et al,

There were dealer-installed, factory-approved accessories such
as gas door and gas filler guards (a stamped and styled piece of
stainless) that dealers always had at their parts counters.
Little dress up items that had nice mark-ups to add a couple
bucks to dealership profits back when a couple bucks counted.
There were also after-market versions of these around the
country but throughout the '50s the factories would approve one
such supplier.  Chrysler had an association with Casco who made
everything from cigarette lighters (factory equipment) to
exhaust extensions, gas guards, door handle guards.

One accessory that was very popular around the country and
especially the sunny south and west was "Vent Shades", the
little stainless steel visors over the side glasses of sedans.
These were made by Auto Vent Shade Company in Atlanta who still
are in the business but now the shades are smoked plastic.  This
company is STILL making vent shades for Hudson automobiles and
would likely dust off their old stamping dies for Plymouth and
Dodge if there were sufficient demand.

These items (and many more) appear in the Mopar Accessories
catalogs for the year(s) of your car(s).

Wayne