[FWDLK] An open letter to Nordstromshoes.com

[FWDLK] An open letter to Nordstromshoes.com

My letter to Nordstrom about their commercials.... I'll forward their
response to the list.

-Dave

"After seeing your commercial where a classic car is crushed to "make
room for shoes", you can rest assured I will never purchase -anything-
from Nordstrom.

"As a classic car buff, I am horrified at the thought.  As a man, I am
embarassed that you can portray women so narrowly as being obsessed with
shoes.  As a person, I am saddened that this represents a total lack of
communication between husband and wife.

"If your commercial portrayed a man throwing out of of his wife's shoes
to "make room for classic cars", women's groups would be horrified and
shocked.  Why is it appropriate to crush a car to make room for shoes?
Many men put in thousands of hours in a labor of love to restore
important automotive milestones.  To show a woman crushing the car "to
make room for shoes" shows the woman as shallow, cold-hearted,
unfeeling, ignorant of the feelings of others, and trivial.  This is
embarrassing to your company to say the least.  To say it is highly
insulting to your target market of women is more the truth.

"Show respect for the attitudes and opinions of men, and they will show
respect for the attitudes and opinions of women."