Re: [FWDLK] more any clues

Sounds like the accelerator pump is not working, does the carb squirt a little gas whenever you open the throttle? There could be a little ball bearing missing that goes under the accelerator pump plunger inside the carb, or possibly the linkage is out of adjustment.

Duane Ballard wrote:

  I pulled the carb apart and blew everything out. I put it back together and checked all the settings while I did it. Everything is exactly how the service manual said to do it. It will idle now even in gear. I can give it gas slowly and it picks up fine. If I give it gas quickly it sputters like hell or completely shuts off. I HATE working on carbs. Anyone know what in the carb I screwed up to cause this? Thanks. - Duane