[FWDLK] Good News (We Hope)

Hello all,

Well I was finally successful in getting the freeze
plugs in our spare car engine and we got it started.
It actually started up pretty easily.  I really runs
badly like the previous owner said.  They had a
problem that they couldn't fix.  Well....by turning
the distributer all the way, it really improves the
engine run and almost idles by itself.  The thinking
is that the distributer needs to be pulled and put
back in with a little more rotation so we can get more
adjustment. The mechanic thinks the distributer is the
whole problem (the last owner pulled the distributer
to put in a new cam to fix the "no power" problem.  If
he put it back in wrong, then I wonder what the
original problem was???)   In any case, I leaving for
out of state for two weeks.  My mehanic will be
further checking out the problem, and hopefully
correcting it, while I'm gone.  If he is correct, I
may have a good engine to replace the blown one.  If
not (I'll know in two weeks) I'll be getting back to
those of you on the list who had engines to sell to
pick one for our use.

Thanks again to all for your help..

Joe and Jason
56 Belveders(s) (now hopeful!!)