Re: [FWDLK] Just curious......

Long time since I've seen the early front pan, which I
understand was changed because its design was believed
to clash with the rest of the car.

Our neighbors across the street when I was a kid had
the only '57 I remember seeing with the early pan.
This was a Plaza 2dr sedan which I don't believe had a
single option unless one counts the back seat and
rollup rear windows (which biz coupes didn't have, but
sedans did). Really a sad car with no options; he
traded it for a '61 Beetle which strange as it seems I
remember as more luxurious than the Plaza. Haven't
seen that car since '61 or those neighbors since '69.

--- Steve & Linda Chou <stchou@NEMONET.COM> wrote:

> Here's a curiosity question some of our veteran
> members may be able to answer.  With the
> introduction of the 1957 models, Plymouth had wide
> vertical slots in the front stoneguard.  Shortly
> afterwards the more familiar center bar appears,
> dividing the large slots into two narrower
> ones.  In all of the surviving Plymouths I have
> seen, as well as photos of surviving cars, I have
> never seen any of the earlier style.  Any of them
> out there?  Anyone of our number own one?  Just
> curious......

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban