From: Forward Look Frank [mailto:fwdlkfjw@BCPL.NET]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 7:39 AM
Subject: Stainless or chrome?

Hello All,
                I wrote a few weeks ago about polishing my trim on my '59 Fury. I got plenty of good responses but I'm still stuck on one thing. Is the trim on a '59 Fury stainless or chrome plated steel? I know that should be easy to tell but, I also heard it was flash chromed. Now is it "cheap" stainless not refined enough that it has a magnetic property or is it chrome plated steel?
    I'm ordering the eastwood buffing kit next week and I'd hate to ruin my trim following the procedure for buffing stainless when I should follow the steps for chrome. Any '59 Plymouth owners out there done this before?
Thanks in advance for all of your help.
                                                            Take Care,
                                                              Frank