[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] What engine code is this??

[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] What engine code is this??

James,

The Canadian-built Dodge Custom Royal and the Canadian-built Chrysler
Windsor shared the 361-cid V8, while the DeSoto Firedome and Chrysler
Saratoga shared the 383-cid, B-block, V8.

The American-built Chrysler Windsor and Saratoga used the "RB" block 383-cid
V8 in 1959 and 1960.   In the U.S. the 361-cid V8 was used on the Plymouth
Sport Fury, Dodge Royal / Custom Royal and the DeSoto Firesweep.  The DeSoto
Firedome / Fireflite / Adventurer used the "B" block 383 while the Dodge
Coronet V8 used the "A" block 325-cid V8.   The 361 was an option on the
other Plymouth series and while the "B" block 383 was an option on all Dodge
series and the DeSoto Firesweep.

The engine numbers "MC1V-13132C" is a Canadian Chrysler Windsor number :

M - 1959
C - Chrysler
1 - Windsor
V - V8
13132 - 12,132nd engine built (1001 is first one)
C - Canada-built

Although the engine number does translate as a Chrysler Windsor, the
Canadian-built 1959 Dodge Custom Royal used the same engine numbers.

The 1959 Chrysler of Canada parts catalogue lists the Dodge Custom Royal and
Chrysler Windsor engine block as "C1", with part number 1859 857.  The
American firm used the same number for the U.S.-built 361 engine.  I doubt
you will find a part number on the block, but there will be a casting
number.

Bill
Vancouver, BC