Re: [FWDLK] full wheel covers

Had a FINE set of turbine wheel covers from a mid 50's Lincoln on my first
old car, a 51 merc 2door.  On a drive to a town some 30 miles from me, after
leaving the expressway and 60 mph speeds, I thought I heard a noise.
Another mile and I  saw a shiny thing in my rear view mirror!!  (@#&&@#*($
Bet I lost those wheel covers.
Yep.  BOth  of em.
Wheel flex.  Car had radials on it, radials transmit more road shock to the
wheels.  That caused the wheels to flex and centrifugal force caused the
wheel covers to slowly work off.
I would guess if you put some silicone about every 3" on the wheel disc
prongs then popped them onto the car or truck, they would stay?
Good Luck, Lars

PS- I 'solved' the problem by using original style small hubcaps...

LARS

In scenic West Michigan USA