Re: [FWDLK] Gas tank:

Dave, et al,
Well, now that Mr. Finzzz (my '57 Fury) has been "done" for a couple years,
and I've still only put about 2500 miles on  him, I figured it was time to
move on to a car I could drive daily and not worry so much about getting
wear and tear on.  So now, in keeping with my theme of being different than
everyone else with my old cars ('50s Mopars are exceeding rare around here),
my next project is. . . a '57 Plymouth!!  I guess I figured out how to do
one, so I'll not reinvent the wheel here.  But this time it's a Savoy 2 door
sedan (yes, with the post pillar).  It's also the only true "early" '57
Plymouth I've seen in many years - with the '56 style steering wheel and
early lower grille with just the big holes.

Now, I've just encounterd the same problem here as Dave.  I've had the gas
tank sent out for flushing and treating, but it appears the sending unit is
trash.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember, in
researching parts when restoring Mr. Finzzz about five years ago, that Year
One makes a fuel sending unit for late '60s Mopars that nicely interchanges
with our Finmobiles.  Anybody tried this route, and am I right?  It could
also be Steele, I just don't remember which company it was.  I do know for
sure, thought, that it was a large company that didn't make anything for
'50s Mopars, but lots of stuff for the "Muscle" cars (but we all know our
cars are the REAL muscle cars). . . .

Mark   mjh
Oregons '57 Fury & Savoy