Re: [FWDLK] New Fuel Sending Units for 1957-59 Dodge, Plymouth

Re: [FWDLK] New Fuel Sending Units for 1957-59 Dodge, Plymouth

Some fuel sending unit tidbits from the 62-65 MoPar Clubhouse:

*

Is your Mopar's gas tank sending unit float leaking? Sadly, mother Mopar
in her less-than-wise support of older Mopars, has discontinued the
Mopar float. But sneak into your local Ford dealer and get a Ford brass
float; it fits right in perfectly. The Ford part number I have is
COAZ-9202-B Float Asy. This part number has two brass floats in the
package, but the Ford counter parts person should be able to sell you
one float, or cross reference the part number to a single brass float.
*

Does your Mopar's gas tank sending unit have a dirty sock? No sock?
Practice safe fuel intake by getting a new Mopar fuel filter sock to
attach to your Mopar's gas tank sending unit. Try asking your Mopar
dealer for part number 01670694 or TA2759895. One of these part numbers
should provide the solution.
*

Check out a fuel sending unit from a 1978 Ford pickup. The Ford design
picks up parallel to the tank, unlike the Mopar sending unit, but the
truck pickup still draws off the bottom of the gas tank; as a bonus the
Ford item utilizes a 3/8ths size line.

Don't know for sure if they'll match our cars, but worth a shot.

-Dave