Re: [FWDLK] '57 starter problem

Essentially the same thing I said.  Grounding the wire won't START the car,
it just ALLOWS the car to start.  You will still need to be in the car and
turning the key.

Ed

MUCH SAFER WAY TO TEST THIS!!!

I always carried a paperclip bent to fit in the top of the
2 wire clips on top of this switch. If the car was acting
up and the START button had no affect, I'd just take the
paperclip and stuff in the plastic housings of the wires
and then try the button. If she started up then I would just
remove the paperclip and save it untill the next time my
gremlin surfaced.
This way I was always behind the wheel when I started to car.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6