[FWDLK] 1958 New Yorker: alternator, Auto Pilot & radio

[FWDLK] 1958 New Yorker: alternator, Auto Pilot & radio

Hello, Forward Lookers:

I've just taken delivery of my 1958 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country
wagon.  I already knew that it has an alternator rather than a
generator, and I've lined up a generator to drop in. Then, I got a 1958
Parts List, and started checking out what pulley, bracket and adjusting
strap I would need. In the back of my mind, I also wondered how Ma Mopar
thought a 30 amp generator would stand up to power windows, power seat
and that dual factory a/c. Then, I discovered the listings for a 50 amp
and a 60 amp ALTERNATOR applicable to 1958 New Yorkers (LC3, in
Parts-List-speak). So now, has anyone got any certain knowledge that
alternators were factory installed on any 1958 New Yorkers?

Second question: I knew that my car didn't have Auto Pilot, even though
1958 was the first year it was offered. As above, I lined up a 58 Auto
Pilot unit to drop in, but there is a cable missing. In the quest to
discover the part number for the missing cable, I failed to find any
mention of Auto Pilot or cruise control, or throttle control (other than
with respect to the transmission, of course) in any of the: index,
accessories, electrical, fuel, transmission, or instrument panel
sections of the Parts List. So now, has anyone got any certain knowledge
that Auto Pilots were factory installed on any 1958 New Yorkers? And, if
so, where in the heck is it hidden in the Parts List?

Third question: I can I tell whether I have a model 851 push button
radio or a model 922 electro-touch tuner? I didn't get any million-volt
buzz when I pushed the buttons. =8-)

Thanks for your help. No doubt, there will be more questions arise as I
dig deeper into my new prize.

Dick Woodside
rwoodside@xxxxxxxx