[Chrysler300] Freeze Plugs Continued - reply

[Chrysler300] Freeze Plugs Continued - reply

Hi Tom, and all...

That is one-mail that I would rather have not seen dug up, as it really
muddies the waters.  The correct dish-type core plug size for the 413 blocks
up to and including 1961  is 1 5/8". That is what the parts books call for.
1 41/64"  plugs are not  ever mentioned in any parts books.  I don't even
think that size plug was ever made, either by Mopar, or Dorman, or other
suppliers.   My recollection of subsequent conversations with George Riehl
on this matter is that we finally came to the conclusion stated above  - and
I felt it necessary to post this reply publicly before everyone gets
confused, and runs out trying to buy 1 41/64" core plugs !

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used