From: Frank Bakanau [mailto:FBAKANAU@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 5:05 PM
To: chrysler
Subject: [Chrysler300] Rear Hubs Part 3

To bring you up to date: I am trying to replace the rear seals on my
C-300. My rear drums are not part of the hub, they come off with the
wheel. The hub is keyed on a tapered end of the axle.

I built a MOAP (Mother of All Pullers). This thing could pull apart two
mating Rhinos. It can not pull a hub off an axle. I tried more heat
than I should have, I made a special thrust washer to make tightening
easier, I called it something having to do with Saddam. Nutin. I even
tried the LTHNADLAM (Loosen The Hub Nut And Drive Like A Moron) method.

So I am going to leave the nuts backed off 1 turn, cottered of course,
and drive it for a while. Any other ideas?

Frank the Hubba Bubba.

For list server instructions, go to