DC news from oz

I quote - and offer nothing more.

Sat Oct 25 Adelaide major newspaper, Motoring Section
"Chrysler Australia boss Garry Jenkins says the brand's next major arrival, the 300C, will lure buyersaway from Holden (GM to you yanks) and Ford long-wheelbase cars dominating the Australian prestige segment.

It will be a vehicle for that type of market, we think."

Mention is made "the 300C is due to arrive in 18 months, will be powered by a 5.7itre HEMI V8 driving the rear wheels". 'Pricing had yet to be finalised, but expected around $70,000.' (a photo of new 300C is shown from front three quarters perspective, as if lying on the ground - pity there was not a tree in front blocking the view ??! - only kidding, I am not going down this/that road anymore.)

Currently our biggest seller is GM's rear drive Statesaman w Gen III 5.7 Chev engine around 300+hp - they exported in reasonably good numbers to Middle East, etc, as Chevs. Ford created and dominated the market for this type of car until about 5 yrs ago when they brought out a squarish reared new model, that looked a bit like an earlier Lincoln, and sales have been a disaster, gone to near zero despite revamps, excellent dynamics, etc - is this an omen for DC here?

Mention is made we are only to get 150 Crossfires for the whole nation (20m population), and they may be positioned against the Monaro segment, which you are getting as the GTO, the first 400 odd leaving our wharves this week bound for you.

Of note/interest, GM have just released a rear drive crew cab/4 door style Statesman size car with a pickup bed as part of the rear body, not as a seperate tray - this with about 320-350 bhp - will be interesting to see how this sells - sort of luxury/sport/off road.

Jag concours this weekend, sunny, cold breeze, 300C parked pending finding time to source that bad engine knock - have a good weekend all, can't believe Christmas is nearly here again !!
Aussie Christopher

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp