Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 Hemi C 2005

Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 Hemi C 2005

I saw the 300C in person for the first time at the Detroit Auto Show last
month. My thought is that it is not as bad looking up close in person, as
it is in photographs. But then again, did you ever see a brand new car that
was not nice looking? They even smell good!

This car has a high beltline. Which means the window sills are even higher,
or the roof, in relation to the windows is proportionally lower. The net
effect being, the side window glass is not as tall as you might expect to
find on a modern day, full size car. I did not sit in the car, much less
drive it, so I don't know if driving safety is comprised for design sake.
The high beltline on the car reminds me of "Old Uncle High-water", who
pulled his pants up inches over his belly button, and then buckled his belt.

The design change itself - 2004 300M to 2005 300C - reminds me of the design
change from 1956 to 1957, quite a radical change. Only now, the change is
the other way around. The 2004 is a modern looking design, and the 2005
seems like a step backward in design.

As for Automatic Transmission versus Stick Shift Transmission - I haven't
wanted anything but an Automatic since the 426 Hemi's w/Automatic
Transmissions ruled the Dragstrips in the early 60's.

Regards,

Tom Barrett
300 C