Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300M, Epilogue

Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300M, Epilogue

Greetings Group-
Kelly and I have a 01 M, 54,000+/- miles on it, other than one set of
tires, a recall on seat bolts, NO costs other than normal maintenance. I
have a good friend who is a mechanic at the Dodge dealer in Billings, Mt.,
has been there for 20+ years. I respect his opinion and always ask him about
a model before I buy. He has saved me countless headaches and $s telling me
which years, models etc. to avoid. He gave me a green light on any M, just
advised to either get extended warranty coverage or plan on transmission
work after hitting the 85-100,000 mile range, especially in the 99 and 00
models (all LH body cars), and from experience, our 94 Vision and 98
Intrepid ES had transmission problems, both at the 100,000 mile mark, even
after servicing the trans in the Intrepid TWICE , once at 40,000 and then at
90,000 miles to avoid a repeat of the transmission trouble like the Vision
had. His version as to the why? Too much heat under the hood of those cars,
due to the design of the hoods, front end etc. makes everything really
tight, little air flow under the hood. Also the computer controls the
transmission and the internal adjustments, so if there is a glitch in the
computer/ a sensor etc. it will adjust the transmission to death! Too bad as
the old torqueflights were much tougher and durable for more miles.
Our fuel mileage is about the same. We've gotten as high as 30 on the
highway- flat country and slower speed(60-65) but get 25-27 consistently
here at 4,000'+ altitude and 75-85 MPH, 19-22 back and forth to work, 10
miles each way. Great cornering, handling, looks and power(for a new
car)front drive in the snow and ice( yeah we do get some of that here in the
winter) What more can you ask for in a newer car? I would recommend a M to
any one, and have had many people (even here in cowboy country) ask how we
like it etc. and always tell them they won't regret buying a M>>>>
Joe and Kelly Pierce Whitehall, Mt. 300Kx3+M+others