[Chrysler300] Shocks

 From an old email in the FL group.

Bill Huff

"This topic has floated around in this mailing list and the web board
a few times.  A number of FWDlookers know the part numbers I
think.  I have the shocks but put them on a few years ago and dont
have the part numbers handy.  For the  front you have to grind the
bottom mount to fit.  I found this on the Imperial site and I *THINK*
the KYB part number list for Imperials is the same to use for a DPDC car:

<http://www.imperialclub.org./Repair/Springs/shocks.htm>http://www.imperialclub.org./Repair/Springs/shocks.htm

 From Chris:

KYB makes a superb shock - far superior to anything else on the
market. KG 4507's in the front. KG5511 in the rear.

The lower mounts on the front shocks need to be trimmed slightly,
which is why they are not cataloged. But they give outstanding ride
and performance once installed.

They are about $32 each, and worth it.

Follow-up question from Bruce:

Thanks for the KYB tip. Does anyone know if the same model numbers
should fit a '57 post sedan? Also, what part of the shock needs to be
trimmed a little?

Reply from Jay:

The front KYB shock needs to have it's lower bushing shortened from
1.50 to 1.25 inches. This is what I had to do for my installation. My
guess is that the same mod needs to be made for other years as well.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: