[Chrysler300] Re:valve train oiling on my 392

[Chrysler300] Re:valve train oiling on my 392

Has anyone mentioned the anti-drain back valve above the rear main in the block?  If this is lost or not replaced during removal of the crank, most typically during a total overhaul, the oil in the galleys will return to the crankcase more rapidly when not running.

Here is a reply to a similar question from a few years back from George Riehl regarding this:
   What you need is a "oil gallery block off valve". This valve directs
  ALL oil to the filter on the 354 and 392 Hemi. It can be used with the stock
  oil filter and spin on filter. It is a perfect replacement with no machining
  required. Have used this valve since the early '60s on my race hemis. Can be
  used in "normal" hemis also, but NOT with a high pressure oil pump. You will
  find the your oil pressure will be slightly higher than normal when using
  this valve, but not excessively. Do not use more than a rated 30w oil. This
  valve also helps to prevent "drain back" when the engine is not running.
    It can be purchased from PAW, 21001 Nordhoff, Chatsworth, CA. 91311, phone
  818-678-3000, FAX..818-678-3001    Part number HEMI-5340
               George Riehl

Wayne

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional