From: jean raviola-chvapil
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 4:05 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300D torqueflite problems

Hello everybody,

I think it has been over a year that I was on, so if I missed a similar topic my apologies for asking again.

I have finally got my 300D on the road after a year in hibernation. Fresh engine (less than 250 miles on it), with the tranny checked out at that time by a local shop (he does know 50's cars), with new seals and gaskets and good bill of health.

When I drove the car over a year ago, it wouldn't shift into 3rd gear, but no issues between 1st and 2nd, both directions.

We did a slight linkage adjustment at that time, but due to my health issues didn't have the time for a test drive. Fast forward to last week: went for a test drive, but now the transmission slips (to the point of not moving the car much) in "D", even from a dead stop. When either 1 or 2 are pressed, it works great. No issues in 2nd gear at speed, and will downshift from 2nd to first on its own.

Is this a cable adjustment issue, or do I have a more serious problem?
Any input will be greatly appreciated; I really don't want to pull this unless I absolutely have to. The shop I have been using (one man shop) is top notch, but only works on units out of a vehicle, no exceptions.

Thank you,

Tom in sunny and already very hot Tucson, Az

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)