Trans ID

Years ago Bill Watson identified a transmission for me. Again very grateful.
Once again I need some help from him, or the group.
I know it's a pain to look this stuff up, but I'm also trying to date the engine using the trans as a guide.

I just picked up a 727 out of a motor home, and I need to know what year, etc.
I know it's a big block trans out of a motor home, but that's all I know.
This thing was behind a big block like I've never ever seen.

the number on the trans is:
PK2981920L 29741579

Can anyone identify it for me?

 Thanks

 Jimmy

Bill Watson wrote:

P3681052406977778

P3681052 - Part number :
 1972-73 Torqueflite (A-727) that fits A, B & E bodies :
     1972 340 V8 (late)
     1972 340 V8, with damper weight provision (late)
     1973 340 V8

 4 - Change Code
0697 - Build date : Sure the first digit is a "0"?

7778 - 7,778th unit built that day That is the way the number should decode. But if the change code was placed at the end of the numbers :

 4069 - Build date : September 17, 1972 (1973 model year)

7777 - 7,777th unit built that day

Bill
Vancouver, BC

Jimmy Peavy wrote:
I need some help identifying an automatic transmission.
P3681052406977778
The "P" digit at the begining, and the "8" digit at the end are very lightly stamped. I think it's from a 70 GTX, but I'd like for someone out there to make a
positive ID for me.

----