From: Donald Gallimore
Date: 2/5/2010 5:22:11 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: clutch type

I used 9" slicks at 16 psi in a 3800# car.  Had 4.10 gears.  Engine was 375
HP and about 450 ft# torque at the rear wheels (chassis dyno) so I think it
had the power to blow off a 9" slick.  Would hit 107-110 mph at the end of
the run and 12.80s.  Sixty foot at 1.8s.

Never figured out what was wrong.  I THINK the suspension worked too good
and slammed the tires into the pavement.  With everything locked up, the
weakest point broke.  Fixed all that then I got a bog off the line when it
pulled the engine down.

    Akron Don