Re: Rear Springs for A-Body

Don can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the A-Bodies had standard suspension, and the Heavy Duty option. Don knows all the possible options a lot better than I. I have the option list he sent me. (In a box that didnt get unpacked after movign 6 years ag). The heavy duty was a little stiffer supension and usually in V-8 Cars. As far as I knew, it didnt change ride height all that much, but did change how the car cornered. Also came with the Stronger torsion bars and larger brake on the front. I'd have to check my '65 Service Manual when I get back home on Thursday to see if part numbers are listed.

As for using them, I dont know anyone who's replace the springs on their early a-body as of yet, so I dont know the quality and height difference you might see in the aftermarket setups.

--Tom

Gary H. wrote:
ESPO is a place to check with your way. I don't know if they have new springs for a 1964 but ESPO is in Danville PA (800) 903-9019 or (570) 672-9413; Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - Noon EST.
Are the HD springs you write of the Mopar Performance "Super Stock" springs?

The Mopar Performance P4510268 and P4510269 are listed as stock spec springs I think, as opposed to the Competition Leaf Spring P4120863 & P4120864.

Having your originals rebuilt may also be an option, depending on their condition.

Thanks,
Gary H.