RE: Over heating

I have the same set up in my 63 and had some trouble with running hot.
Mine would be fine on the highway but after being on the highway and
then going to stop and go traffic on a warm day the temp would jump up.
Nothing short of turning it off and letting it cool down would help.
Last winter I installed a higher output water pump from an ebay seller
in Ames, IA.  I haven't had much of a chance to drive the car this
summer but so far so good.
Where do you have you timing set?  That can make a difference.  Find a
road where you can do some experimenting.  When the car get hot slow
down and drop it down a gear.  With the higher rpm's does it cool down?
If so it points to coolant flow.  Does it get hot driving at highway
speed?  If so it points to airflow.
Good Luck.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury