Re: IML: stuck-up seat in a '71

--- Jkelly808@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm looking for a quick, non-invasive fix to a
> driver's power seat stuck in
> the highest position in my new old '71. The seat
> runs back and forth fine but
> the tilting and lifting action isn't.

Open the back door and get down on the floor behind
the seat.  Take a large hammer and whack the living
daylights out of the end of the mechanism on either
side (you'll see what I'm talking about once you're in
the most uncomfortable position possible in the
floor!).  Then wiggle the switch back and forth a
couple of times.  Repeat as necessary until the seat
moves.

Once I got my drivers license as a teenager, my
Grandmother used me as her chauffeur at every possible
opportunity.  She was fairly short, so she always had
the seat all the way up in her '71 Imperial.  I'm
6'4", so I needed the seat to be way down!  Guess who
started carrying around a hammer in the floor of the
back their '71 Imperial?  ;o)

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/