Re: IML: How to take apart '67 hood ornament?

Re: IML: How to take apart '67 hood ornament?

Roy said:
OK, is everybody sure that the 67 emblems came with the retaining ring on the back?
I ask this because my car didn't come with an emblem and the cherry one I got from Murray Park came with the ring at the front.

I'm glad you chimed in, Roy, because I thought I was going nuts when I saw a few people say the retaining ring was on the back. Yes, the ring is on the front (the convex side) on both hood ornaments that I own. And I don't see how it would be possible to assemble it a different way. So do you and I have our hood ornaments on backwards, or does everyone else? :-)

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT