Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperials and everything else

Quoting CHRISTINE & CHRISTOPHER <cchmaness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> gorgous bird in a world full of pigons.  If the Imperial was revived It would
> become just another high priced Chrysler.

No matther how "good" the "new" Imperial will be, it won't be even remotely
close to the real thing.  It will simply be an insult to the name.  Like the
80's "dodge chargers".

Some say, "Imperial is dead".  It is dead as a money making brand name for some
corporation.  This is not necessarily bad.  But it is not dead as a car as long
as we keep them on.  If they re-introduce the name, that would be worse.

To me, the name is just a name.  Calling something an "Imperial" does not make
it an Imperial.  People in this country suffer from "brand loyalty" which I
completely fail to comprehend.  That's why I can't see what the 90's
"imperials" have to do here in this list, but I am a minority.  Even the 80's
barely compare, and I would be an even bigger minority on this one.

D^2