Re: IML: '59 Front End Question

> #2  The only wear part I see on the idler arm is the
> bushing.  I can buy
> the bushing for $40 or a new idler arm for $110.
> Why would I want to
> buy the whole arm?

New unit has renewed ball joint on end where it hits
the idler arm.  This item is not home-serviceable.
Seems like only the fusleage cars wear these out due
to poor design.  I think mine has a zerk fitting?  If
so, zap it on reinstall.

> #4  Where on earth can you buy the sway bar
> bushings?  I need the ones
> at the wheel, the ones where it attaches to the
> links and the ones for
> the links.

Bernbaums.  Wait till you see what they get for a
rubber block with a hole in the middle.

> I have the parts or know I need the following:
> Upper control arm bushings
> Lower control arm bushing
> Strut Bushing
> Inner tie rod ends
> Outer tie rod ends
> Center Link
> Idler Arm (or bushing)

What about the ball-joints?  Not like they ever wear
out, but remember to put a grease gun on them?  Taking
them out is supposed to be a bear and will require
extreme leverage,

=====
Kenyon Wills