Re: IML: Of 57s and such

I do wish I had been old enough in '57 to have a sense
of the impact of Chrysler's styling.  The public must
have been blown away by how modern the cars looked.
The proportions are still good today (I like the
graceful wedge of the cars in profile.)

It certainly seems that GM scrambled to copy the low
profile and big greenhouses, especially of the
hardtops.  Look at a '59 Impala 2-door hardtop with
its thin roof pillars, and consider the Mopar 2-doors
of '57.  This was after GM sank huge amounts of money
into the '58s, in part to regain #1 sales for Chevy
after losing to Ford in '57.