Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

I wrote in back in April with the same experience. My damages are at > $12K
between the Polara and Imperial. I'm finally settling with DAS hopefully
this week. Never found a recommended P&B guy here in Austin so I've got
reservation with my custom car guy back in Houston to do them starting in
mid-August.

I went enclosed carrier as well. When the trailer arrived, there were
already two cars inside on the upper deck (a lambo and a 70 'vette). My two
boats wouldn't fit with their tops up and they wanted to put the tops down.
I agreed only if they covered the vehicles. Didn't want that oh-so-expensive
lambo oil dripping on my leather). They loaded the cars and we went to
Austin.

I arrived in Austin about 3 hours later and went on to work. They showed up
3 hours after that and started unloading the cars without kocking on the
door. My wife saw the Polara with its antenna bent into an "S" and called me
immediately.

Aparrently, the Polara wasn't tied down properly and its front bumper rode
up onto the rear of the Imp crushing the fuel door, damange the sourrounding
chrome and putting huge gouges in the bumper. The Polara also it the side of
the enclosed trailer pushing the front fender in about an inch and putting
gouges all along the side. To put insult to injury, the Imp has two big
dents the size of pie pans on the passenger side.

Write me off-list if you need some names at DAS to help you through the
bureaucracy. Maybe my 'verts will be in shape for some fall cruising. Maybe.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible